This year has been pretty awesome – work’s been good, home’s been great. We’ve been on holidays overseas, kept our heads above water, and haven’t killed anyone (of note…:)
Next year I’m hoping will continue in a similar vein, although things are a bit unpredictable with work commitments unlikely to be finalised until the last minute at the earliest, two weeks after at worst. Nevertheless, I’m going to try and jot down some things I’d like to do during the year… although those that know me well also know that I suck at making goals. Oh well here goes…
- I’d like to make soap. I love home made soaps, but baulk at paying $6 a piece for something that is a ‘want’, rather than a ‘need’. If I make it myself I don’t need to feel guilty, and with a bit of luck I’ll be able to share the love. I’ll try a kit first, but it’s cheaper to do it all from scratch – but I need to know it’ll work! The intent is to make soap and shampoo and conditioner and washing liquid, mainly because I can control what’s in it, but also because it’s (supposedly) cheaper and better than commercially produced stuff.
- I want to keep running. This will be difficult if work starts to cramp my style.
- If work cramps my style, I need to have another focus other than running. I choose pilates. One of the gals from work has said she’s going to start again next year, so I’ll go with her. I like to hurt in company, apparently.
- I’d like to do some sewing. I haven’t done any for many years, and I feel the need to be able to make some cheap lightweight pants for the summer months. Everything in the shops up here is either southern based (ie. They do WINTER), or hippie style, which I do like, but srsly… there’s a limit. And a time. And a place.
- Financial responsibility and decluttering is to commence forthwith. Refer t’other blog HERE.
- He wants to kyack. Hell, I can’t even spell it. But I’ll buy him one… 🙂