You know why? Because I half feel like going. My reasoning? If I feel like half going today, then I’ll feel like fully going tomorrow, then I’ll work my ass off and give 120% instead of 40%today.
It’s my logic. It works for me…
Honestly, I’m feeling much improved over yesterday. Sometimes I think you just have to die in the ass to get back up on top again, particularly when you’re just paddling enough to keep afloat. The lush of my life has to travel away overnight again (please – NO Krispy Kremes!), so I’ve been awake since 4am to get him off to the airport. Plenty of time for me to go for a run in the ‘cool’ of the day (if 29C can be considered cool at 7am?), then the gym, then showered and off to the movies with the child and workmates. So, because I feel capable of cramming all of those activities into such a short time frame, I’m not going to. I know I can do it, and I know if I don’t take time off to smell the roses, then they’ll all be dead before I get around to it. Metaphorically speaking… I don’t think I’ve seen a rose plant up here!
So today, I’m going to bludge, go to the flicks, eat healthy (and no, no ice cream for me today – I got one the other week without seeing a movie, and I don’t feel like one. No popcorn either, cos there’s no off switch when it comes to movie popcorn!), maybe tidy, maybe not, finish my budget planner, cook a supah healthy dinner (and take a photo of said dinner to prove I did it. He worries that I don’t look after myself when he’s not here, and if I show him I do, then I have to do it. That’s me imposing the photo deal – keeps me honest. He knows damn well I won’t do it otherwise, he”s not silly… lol). I might think of some goals I’d like to achieve in 2012 as far as health and fitness go, but I’ve only got 2 so far. We’ll see.
Alrighty. How’d I do with the Week 6 objectives?
1. Repeat swimming – 100m in two strokes. Nope.
2. #RunForJapan – $5 per kilometre. Yes, but ongoing. 12.2K so far
3. Get through the week! Hmmm. That’s debateable.
Week 7 Objectives?
- Get rid of this shitty ear.
- Drink more water.
- Plan meals like I’m supposed to.
- Do 5K cross country on Wednesday.
- Attempt to get to 20K by next sunday for the RunForJapan fundraiser.
Hell. I’ll be happy just to be running again. Tomorrow, I’m going to go for a walk even, I don’t care if it’s just to the end of the road… today was hell! And if I don’t come good, then next week will be week 7.1. I’ve done it before, I’ll do it again.
Or whatever it is that we’re up to now…
Recap from last week –
swim 75m DONE! beaten by 25, and in two strokes!
- 5k cross country NOT DONE. stupid missing runners. now I have to wait for another week to try it- this week is a path run.
- eat properly IN PROGRESS. and the proof is in the pictures.
- drink more water NOT SURE. I didn’t get dehydrated like last week, but I didn’t run on Wed night, so it’s hard to tell. I never drink enough when I’m at home, so it’s going to be an ongoing issue.
This week –
- Repeat swimming – 100m in two strokes.
- #RunForJapan – $5 per kilometre
- Get through the week!
Okay, so they’re a bit wishy washy this week, but as you’ll recall, I never said I was any good at goals or objectives. On the whole, I’m very pleased with how I’m going. Sure, I could be doing more, but it’s a good effort – I’m losing weight (slowly, which is good), I’m eating properly (not too little, not too much), I’m exercising almost daily, I’m not thrashing myself at one thing so I’m going to avoid repetative injuries (that’s the theory anyway!), physically I’m doing the right things, and mentally I think I’m the best I’ve been since I don’t know when.
Here’s to another week of challanges, trials, tribulations and dramas.!
Alright. Seeming as how although I’m not particularly good at these, but they did stick in my mind all week, I’m going to give it another shot.
1. Swim 75m without stopping. Did not attempt last week, and still on my list of personal ‘to-do’s.
2. Complete 5k cross country on Wed. I’m hoping like hell it’s a) not raining or b) not on a beach or c) all of the above. I actually like cross country, I’m just slower because I don’t want a busted ankle, and have an aversion to hurtling down hills with no brakes. That sudden stop at the end can be nasty!
3. Eat properly. Not just ‘healthy’, but properly. More than 2 food groups at a time. Peanut butter and jam sandwiches do not count as ‘2’.
4. Drink more water. I think I’m going to have to lash out and get a bigger water bottle for work. It’s becoming a pain filling that 600ml one all the time, and I lose count of how many I’ve had.
How do they sound?